Please find below our description of this specie in an attempt to give as much detail of this timber to help both the trade person and ley person make an informed choice. We believe our stocks are among the best available in the UK.
Prices are + VAT
We recommend customers order +10% over and above requirements to allow for waste on your project. We cannot supply every length defect free.
Sourced from well managed forests in Northern Europe our stocks are FSC certified.
Superior A Grade sleepers
- 90% 4 square edges / 10% wane edges
- Occasional sound sapwood allowed
- Sound knots only allowing occasional unsound knot under 60mm
- No Rotted wood
- No White Rot
- No bark
- Cutting size tollerance maximum 3mm
- Cracked wood - minimal
- Far superior in looks and longevity over standard grade
Light creamy brown
2.4 metre length weighs circa 48 kilos
We recommend stainless steel fixings be used to avoid black staining