Osmo Osmo 006 Bankirai Decking Oil *Recommended for Yellow Balau Hardwood Decking*
Coats required - two
Colour 006 Bankarai (Yellow balau) - very slight darker tint almost clear
Coverage - 1st coat 24m2 per litre, 2nd coat 72m2 per litre
Drying time - 12 hours (based on 23 degrees Celsius)
Minimum Application Temperature - 10 degree Celsius
Application - Osmo Decking Brush KIT (150mm brush, tray and touch up brush)
Clean Up - Osmo Brush cleaner and thinner
Decking Oils smoothen the wood surface and make timber water and dirt repelent. Gives UV protection and slows the greying process see below for application instructions.
Southgate Timber recommend
- Leave timber to season 12 weeks
- If greyed in the seasoning period clean with Osmo Wood reviver Gel, Wet timber Apply Gel Liberally, scrub in with Osmo cleaning brush, Leave for up to 30 minutes, Scrub the surface a second time, wash off with copious amounts of water, do not pressure wash, leave to dry 48 hours. Please note extreme seasoning may require a second application.
- Apply Osmo 006 Bangkirai Decking Oil OR for Darker Appearance Osmo 016 Bangkirai Dark both options are two coat application leave drying time 12 hours between coats.
- Apply oil in Spring and a second application in Autumn for areas with high sun. Ensure Deck is clean before each application of oil we recommend Osmo Decking Cleaner for best results.
- If timber becomes grey repeat from section 2, DO NOT oil over greyed timber.